Goshen home a ‘total loss’ after Utah County fireworks burn

After a fire in Goshen, Utah, the house was declared a total loss. (Utah County Fire Marshal)

(Utah County Fire Marshal)

GOSHEN, Utah — A Utah County home is a total loss after a structure fire associated with fireworks broke out on Friday.

The Utah County Fire Marshal said fireworks and a pile of hay led to the destruction of the home in little Goshen Utah in the south of the county.

“It’s hot and dry here, be careful and avoid unnecessary risks this holiday weekend,” the fire marshal’s Twitter account said. “Protect yourself from accidents with fireworks.”

The blaze and warning came as temperatures in Salt Lake City hit a record 104 degrees. Fireworks are legal for a short time around the celebration of Pioneer Day and Pie and Beer Day. Utah Governor Spencer Cox implored residents to be careful and avoid anything dangerous.

sergeant. Spence Cannon of the Utah County Sheriff’s Office said the fireworks shot toward the hay bales next to the house, igniting a fire that couldn’t be brought under control until the structure was destroyed. He said the Goshen Genola and Santaquin fire departments would take several hours to extinguish the fire.

About Joyce Hill

Check Also

Utah Legislature Calls on Local Nutrition Coalition in Fight Against Food Insecurity

Posted by Sandra MacMartin, Public Affairs Specialist with Guest Author Paul Birkbeck, SNAP Program Specialist, …