Everyone makes a taco differently. And now we have a look at how Utahans make their tacos.
The news: A team from Gurney’s, a seed and nursery company, recently looked at how each state takes its taco.
- The team surveyed more than 2,500 Americans about their dream taco.
- Americans were asked about their favorite shells, meats, toppings and sauces.
- The team then asked respondents what they like to eat with their tacos.
The Utah taco: Utah’s favorite type of taco starts on a soft flour tortilla. It is topped with carne asada, pico de gallo, cheese and salsa verde.
- Texas was the only other state to make a taco similar to Utah.
The most popular taco: The report found that 18 different states like to have their taco the same way, a sign that it’s the most popular taco in the country.
- This taco starts with a soft flour tortilla, ground beef, lettuce, cheese and sour cream.
- It’s a lot like the tacos my grandma would make.
An additional thought: My home state of Massachusetts has probably one of the weirdest tacos – soft tortilla, chicken, pico de gallo, cheese and sour cream. Like what?
The bigger picture: Tacos are a big deal right now. Just look at Taco Bell, which has decided to launch a new taco-a-day subscription program, reported Gitanjali Poonia of Deseret News.